The Dorothy Urlich-Cloher School of Environment


All staff, students and visitors who intend to use a vehicle that is owned or rented by The University of Auckland for University business, research or teaching purposes is required to be aware of the policies and information below.

For those who intend to use their own vehicle for University work, it is encouraged that you are familiar with the aspects of the policies that will pertain to you.

You are required to read the Vehicle Policy and sign the Driver Agreement Form before using vehicles for University work.

Please submit this form to the School of Environment Administration.


Vehicle Incident Claims

The claims procedure is provided below should you be involved in a vehicle incident resulting in damage to a vehicle on University business (whether a School vehicle or rental). Please note that the University insurance policy does not cover privately vehicles and it is likely that personal vehicle insurance will not cover for damage while on business. Therefore use of personal vehicles by employees on University business needs to be considered carefully.

Claims procedure - Marsh
(25.2 kB, PDF)